Privacy and cookies policy
This statement applies to:
- Friends Of Roundhay Park (FoRP), Registration Number 4476202 in England. Registered Office 305 Roundhay Road LEEDS LS8 4HT Registered Charity number 1097692
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy, current UK Data Protection legislation and Internet best practice.
You can use most of the features of this site without disclosing any personal information. A few optional features of this site, such as membership enrolment forms, ask you to provide some personal information (eg. name and address, e-mail address).
Uses of personal data
FoRP will use your details for:
- Administering your membership
- Communications about conservation and campaigns
- Marketing purposes
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services
- Administration of donations and legacies
- Administering volunteer records
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- In-house research and analysis
- The purpose of prevention and detection of crime
- Informing you about products and services
We may share your details with trusted service providers in order to fulfil the above services. Where this service is done on behalf of FoRP this is done under contract and relevant security measures are taken.
Disclosure of data
We will not sell your data to any third party; however, we may share with trusted service providers in order to fulfil the required services to you.
Where other companies are used to capture data or undertake fulfilment services on our behalf, these activities are carried out under contract in compliance with the Data Protection Act requirements.
time you are asked to submit your personal details you will see the following notice:
We respect your privacy and will not sell your personal data to any third party.
FoRP will use your details to tell you about our conservation and fundraising; to run your membership; to conduct analysis and to contact you for research purposes.
Users aged under 18
If you are aged under 18, please ensure you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent before sending any personal information to this website or FoRP. Please note that FoRP will not accept online donations or orders for goods or services from persons aged under 18 years.
Parents and guardians
We encourage you to be aware of the activities in which your children are participating in both offline and online, particularly with regard to third party websites. If your children voluntarily disclose information, this may encourage unsolicited messages. We suggest that you discourage your child from providing any information without your consent.
Access to your own information
You can contact us anytime by letter or email to change or update your details.
Cookies and tracking
Some bits of our site rely on cookies, but we’ll tell you where and when. Most browsers will allow you to control how cookies are handled, whether they are accepted and how long they are stored for. All browsers do this differently, but if you’re concerned about privacy and security then please have a look in the ‘help’ documentation for your particular browser.
We also make use of some simple image files provided by suppliers, such as Google Analytics, to help measure the usage of our site. They are tiny and transparent, so they can’t be seen, and won’t make any noticeable difference to your experience, nor do they give away any personal data.
You may notice some third party cookies not related to FoRP when you visit a page, FoRP does not control these cookies and we recommend you check the third party websites for more information.
The type of cookies used and their purpose is explained further:
- Community Server cookies and authorization cookie are required for the provision of the community website and to provide security.
- Personalisation module is required to provide the personalised service.
- Google analytic cookies are used to collect information about how visitors, like yourself, use our website. This information is collected in an anonymous form and is used to inform us how the site can be improved.
- Magento ecommerce, FoRP Images and affiliate future cookies are necessary as these enable you to make purchases, from areas such as FoRP online shop, purchasing of memberships and images through the relevant websites.
- Online advertising and network cookies are used to track when you have clicked on an advert, to see what pages of the website are used and this provides insight as to how improvements can be made.
Further information about cookies including how to manage and delete them can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
All FoRP forms which request credit card or bank details use the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol for encryption. Most web browsers (Microsoft Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome etc) support SSL. The link between your web browser and the server is secure if your web browser displays a small padlock or key symbol somewhere in the frame, or the address bar shows a web address beginning https:// (rather than http://).
Links to third party websites
FoRP website contains hyperlinks to many other websites. This information is supplied in good faith, in case it is of interest, or use, to FoRP website users. FoRP is not responsible for the content or functionality of any of these external websites – but please let us know if a link is not working (use the ‘Contact us‘ link . Visitors to FoRP website should be aware of the following:
In purchasing goods or services from any of the companies to which FoRP site links, you are forming a contract with the company(s) concerned (agreeing to their terms and conditions), not FoRP.